Teacher Training Terms and Conditions
Assessing your progress
Each participant in the training will be expected to read all assigned material and learn all key terms and techniques. Throughout the course we will be reviewing the information. You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge of the practice and ability to teach both hands-on and verbally.
We will have periodic tests and reviews of Sanskrit terms, correct sequencing, correct alignment, anatomical knowledge and more. You will be required to assist 5 of my classes as well as teach a Level 1 class as part of your final exam.
You must demonstrate proficiency in all the above categories to receive your certificate of completion and pass the course.
For each category you will receive a pass or fail. I will give you detailed feedback about how you performed with suggestions on how to improve if necessary. If you do not meet the requirements demonstrating proficiency we will discuss and work together to improve. If you still cannot meet the requirements you will not be able to receive the final certificate.
If there are any grievances concerning any portion of the training they can be made in person or in writing via email. I will seriously consider any issue a student might have and respond as soon as possible.
Code of Conduct
As your teacher of this course I promise to uphold the following codes of conduct:
- To provide the teacher trainees with safe and competent instruction
- To maintain and uphold the tradition of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. To teach yoga from the experience of these traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, who earnestly desires to follow this tradition.
- To acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- To create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- To encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- To respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- To avoid words and actions that constitutes sexual harassment.
- To follow all local government and national laws that pertains to my yoga teaching and business.
- To the best of my ability, I will support the physical, mental and spiritual growth of anyone who earnestly desires to learn Yoga.
A full refund of the deposit will be given up to one week prior to the start of the course. Thereafter, a cancellation fee of £100 will be deducted from the deposit. Once the course has begun their will be no refund of fee for the course excepting emergencies which can be discussed with the course director.